Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What a crazy day!

~ Monday, February 4th, 2013 ~

What a crazy day I have had! I got awaken by my mom at about 5:00am or so saying that a sheep is having lambs in the rain! So, I flew up and ran out there and sure enough, one of my Finn ewes had 2 ewe lambs on the ground (in the pouring rain). We brought her and her 2 lambs back to the barn and then a little later we heard a baby goat screaming . . . we ended up finding 2 Mini Nubian kids already dried off and running around! The ewe (FSB Monte Cristallo) had triplet ewe lambs, one of our Mini Nubian does had twin kids (buck and doe) and another one of our dairy does had twin doelings.


Well, now I have three bottle lambs on my hands since the ewe won't let them nurse and one of them almost died from hypothermia.

Now I am off to go feed the bottle lambs and then workout with my mother!

Here are some pictures ~ 












No comments:

Post a Comment