Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ester Lambed ~ March 24th, 2012!!

Well, lambing has started up again:) Our seven Icelandic ewes were all running with a couple of rams back in the end of 2011, so I don't know when any of them are due. But, Saturday morning (March 24th, 2012) it looked like Esther was going into labor. I checked on her every so often and then at about 1:30pm one of my bothers told us that there was a sheep having lambs.  So, I went into the pen and sure enough Esther had two feet and a nose hanging out. I pulled it out (it was just a little stuck, she probably would have been able to get it out) and it was a little dark brown ram lamb. A little bit later she had a little dark brown ewe lamb. She just had twins and they are very tiny and cute little babies:) I am not sure if the sire to the lambs is Josiah or Harvey, since they were both in with the lambs (hopefully we will be able to see who the sire is as the lambs get older).


Here are some pictures of the birth (I will try to get some better pictures of the lambs when I can) ~









No comments:

Post a Comment